Hey everyone, as you all probably know, SAB Back to School is coming later today. While alot of info has gone out with th embargo mishap yesterday, I thought I would summarize it for those who havn't seen them yet and put my own spin.
This is just a TL : DR summary, there is also a longer version with artwork hand drawn by my friend and a vine video I stole from Lord Vanquish: http://dulfy.net/2013/09/03/gw2-super-adventure-box-back-to-school-patch-preview/
World 1 and changes to loot
- World 1 will return with all of the achievements. Those who completed it last time will retain all of their achievement and get a King Toad Green Backpack cover if they have completed the meta (new players will do as well)
- New secret locations added to world 1 for players to explore
- All chests and dig spots are now account bound daily to prevent mindless farming.
- Old SAB skins are not returning but the 9 other weapons not shown last time will be coming (Mace, Axe, Warhorn, Focus, Torch, Pistol, Rifle, Dagger, Hammer)
- Zone 1 was largely finished from last time but you will need to do it again for the new achievements etc.
- Zone 2 is distinctively asian themed with mountains, dojos and palaces. It is also more exploratory than other zones with multiple paths you can take. Harder the path better the rewards.
- Lots of interesting mobs such as ninjas, frogs that swallow you, stealth owls that steal your baubles etc.
- Less baubles along the main path this time so you will have to really go out and find them.
- Environment is quite deadly and filled with dart traps on various passages. You will soon learn to watch out for them.
- Lots of puzzle this time, including one where you need to balance a scale to gain entry to the next checkpoint.
- Dojo master mini boss that pays homage to Megaman - defeating him gain you a giant glove of wisdom, which allow you to push blocks around to act as mobile platforms or break wooden barriers blocking your path.
- Push Block puzzle where you need to use your giant glove to push blocks around while avoiding dart traps.
- Roll a gong from top of a temple to the bottom while using it to block dart traps. Similar to the scene from Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom in the Chinese nightclub.
- Secret shop that sells Wooden Whistle for 250 baubles that can play a couple songs.
- World 3 isn't finished but you will get a sneak peak at it.
- For those who seeks a challenge, designed for small group of players who find Mad King Clock Tower easy
- Anything can and will kill you in one hit.
- Flowers that explode, rocks that jump up and slam you, even checkpoints will kill you. Invisible traps everywhere.
- Basically force you to find a new path from what you are used to. You are going to die alot and waste alot of lives so you will need to farm baubles.
- More checkpoints than normal modes thankfully so you don't rage and break something.
- Full set of green color variant weapons available to those who completed world 1 on Tribulation mode, yellow for world 2 and red/purple for world 3/4 (not in this release).
- Same achievements in world 2 that have you hunt down secret rooms and collect all the baubles.
- Complete 13 of the World 2 achievements and you can earn yourself a new title (Honor in Applied Jumping) along with a new backpiece (Storm Wizards’s Backpack Cover).
- Tribulation mode also have its own separate set of achievements but doesn’t seem to offer any titles or rewards beyond the special weapon skins and the numerous achievement points.