- When you log in to Guild Wars 2, you’ll receive a mail from both Captain Evon Gnashblade and Captain Ellen Kiel detailing the current situation. Each Captain is trying to accrue influence with the Zephyr Sanctum and will offer you a Support Token to get started on helping their cause. Click the “Show Me” button at the bottom of the mail to find out where to take your Support Token.
- Go to the Zephyr Sanctum in the Labyrinthine Cliffs and enter the story instance “Audience with the Master” to view a scene between Evon Gnashblade, Ellen Kiel and the Sanctum’s leader, the Master of Peace. Here, you will learn more about the fight for the trade agreement and your role in deciding the winner!
- To get to the Labyrinthine Cliffs, head to Lion’s Arch and look for the Labyrinthine Cliffs Transport Facilitator in Sanctum Harbor. He is marked on the map with a gold star sailboat icon and is in the same spot that was used to ship players over to Southsun Cove before the asura portal was finished.
How Can I Support My Candidate?Showing Support
- Support baskets for Gnashblade and Kiel have been set up near the Zephyrites’ water supply on the Zephyr Sanctum in the Labyrinthine Cliffs.
- Each time you cast a Support Token,you will be awarded with a Representation Button. Use this button to show support for your candidate while playing content to advance certain achievements.
- Support Tokens can be acquired from slain mobs; in dungeons; by participing in Candidate Trials, Southsun Survival and Aspect Arena; and in World vs. World. They can also be purchased from the vendor Shady Quill.
- The Zephyrites will stop accepting Support Tokens on August 5 at 11AM PST in order to start counting them up. Be sure to turn in your Tokens before then!
- Enter into the Candidate Trials, a repeatable instance for solo or group play, to test your mettle and support your candidate! The Lionguard has brought down an Aetherblade airship, and it’s up to you to secure the crash site so that your candidate can capitalize on the situation. There are four levels of difficulty – see how long you can hold out!
- You can choose which Candidate to support by entering the Candidate Trials marked with Gnashblade’s or Kiel’s image. Each entrance will be in the Labyrinthine Cliffs, near the Captain they are tied to.
- This event can be challenging, particularly at higher tiers. If you begin to struggle, consider tweaking your play style and gear to adjust to the situation.
- Various weapons have been provided to help players defend the treasure piles in the crash site.
- Keep an eye out for Aetherblades who are only focused on the gold.
- Dutiful protection of the treasure may be rewarded with Aetherized Weapons taken from the pirates! Keep in mind that the higher your tier, the better your chances for Aetherized rewards!
- When attempting Tier IV, consider bringing a highly skilled, coordinated party that works well together in order to deal with all the pirates throw at you!
- In order to complete Gnashbalde: Direct Support, you must complete both Tier I and II in Gnashblade’s Candidate Trials. To complete Kiel: Direct Support, you must complete both Tier I and II in Kiel’s Candidate Trials.
- This new PvP team match is being hosted by Captain Ellen Kiel and can be entered by talking with her in the Labyrinthine Cliffs. You will be able to choose between the Sun, Wind, and Lightning Zephyrite fighting styles . Collect as many crystals for your team as you can within the time limit to secure victory.
- Once in the Labyrinthine Cliffs, Captain Ellen Kiel will be marked on the map with an activity flag marker.
- In the Arena, look for the aspect icons as hints on where to use a certain Aspect’s fifth skill for movement. Portals with a Sun emblem on the floor might be a prime location for a Light Dash…
- Frequenters of the Arena have the opportunity to find a Zephyr Rucksack in their rewards!
- This new PvP survival free-for-all activity is being run by the charismatic Evon Gnashblade and can be joined by talking to Captain Gnashblade in the Labyrinthine Cliffs. Up to 20 players will be dropped into Southsun Cove with only a bow with which to survive. Scavenge for supplies and kill other Survivors to become the last one standing and secure your victory.
- Hunger is a constant threat in the wilderness of the cove; search for rations to keep up your strength.
- After an initial grace period, Survivors who die will shift over to the mists. Mist walkers should look for blue motes to help them exact revenge on other Survivors. Note that only one Mist Walker can collect a mote, so later in the game those Revenge Motes will be hotly contested!
- The creatures of Southsun Cove slowly move in from the beaches, be sure to check the status of a camp before you enter or you may find a deadly serving of karka.
- Dedicated Survivalists have a chance to find a Desert Rose back item in their spoils.
- Imagine you’ve just stopped to scavenge for goods and a fellow Survivor hits you with a long distance Head Shot. The initial two minute grace period is over and now you’re out of the running for final Survivor. What do you do? Fear not – you may be down, but you are far from out!
- Eliminated players return to play as Mist Walkers! Mist Walkers are wisps of spirits returned to haunt the remaining Survivors.
- Mist walker skills run off of Revenge Motes – ethereal blue motes that randomly appear in the wilderness and can be created by:
- Survivors scavenging passiflora and miscellaneous goods
- Survivors successfully attacking or trapping other Survivors
- Stalk surviving players to collect the Revenge Motes they create as they scavenge for supplies and fight other survivors. The motes will allow you to use various skills against Survivors to hasten their demise.
Things to do in the open worldSupporting a Candidate for Achievements
- Many of the achievements require you to support your candidate while performing things like events and dailies in the open world.
- Be sure to cast your Support Tokens in the Support baskets in Zephyr Sanctum to earn Representation Buttons. These will allow you to show your support while participating in open world content!
Persisting Bazaar of the Four Winds Content
- Labyrinthine Cliffs
- The Bazaar of the Four Winds is still taking place in the beautiful Labyrinthine Cliffs
- Lessons from the Sky
- The Zephyrite Sky Crystals are still around, so adventurers can hunt for any crystals they have not found.
- Sanctum Sprint
- The races continue! Enjoy the magical Zephyrite movements in this high speed competition.
- Belcher’s Bluff
- Make sure you don’t miss your chance to face Poyaqui, the Grandmaster of Om, before he moves to Lion’s Arch!
- Trade opportunities
- The Zephyrites are still accepting land based supplies in return for their Zephyr Supply boxes. The Zephyrite kid is hoping to load up on Tyrian sweets before the Sanctum departs!
- Kite Baskets
- These baskets, filled with Zephyrite goods, are still landing across Tyria for explorers to find!
- Stolen Kite Baskets
- Those hoarding skritt are still guarding their pilfered baskets closely; can you find them in some of Tyria’s most challenging jumping puzzles.