Hey everyone, I see there is quite a bit of confusion regarding the Clockwork Chaos invasions and the associated achievements so I wrote up a quick guide for those who may find it helpful.
Note that the guide below is purely text based, for a version with pictures please use this one:http://dulfy.net/2013/08/20/gw2-clockwork-chaos-invasions-and-achievements-guide/
Clockwork Chaos Invasions
- Before you participate in any invasions, make sure you advance Vorpp to the Portal Invasion Closer stage. You will need to head to the Crown pavilion and go through the story instance Closing Ceremony where you get to meet Emissary Vorpp at the end.
- These invasions occur every hour on the hour (i.e. 3pm, 4pm, 5pm 6 pm etc). You have to keep an eye on the Clockwork Chaos window at the top right corner and head to the indicated map immediately.
- Overflows will only have the event if they are created within 10 minutes of the invasion starting. This means if you arrive an overflow that was created at for example 3:15, then there won't be an invasion on that overflow until the next hour.
- An invasion will typically lasts 45 minutes or less. It consists of 3 waves. You will get Aetherblade reinforcements usually after completing the first wave. If you beat the Aetherblades, the Molten Alliance will usually join in after (the order could be switched).
- At the end of 3 waves, Scarlet will spawn on a random location in the map and can be killed. She has very little health so you will need to race to her and defeat her before she dies to the zerg.
Open world achievements
- Closing Ceremony Attendee: Go to the Crown pavilion in Divinity’s Reach and complete the story instance.
- Swift Closer – Close 5 portals within 15 minutes. You will need to head to those crossed swords icons and complete 5 of their events within 15 minutes. This is fairly easy to get with a large zerg.
- Portal Closer - Close 5 of Scarlet’s portal invasions. There is a good chance you can complete this achievement and Swift Closer at the same time if you are quick enough.
- Watchwork Nightmare Wrecker – When closing the portals (crossed swords icon), a Champion Twisted Nightmare will sometimes spawn if your zerg is large enough. Defeating him will grant you the achievement.
- Bane of Invading Captains - When fighting off Aetherblade reinforcements (red fan icon), look for the champion Aetherblade Pirate Captain which can spawn if your zerg is large enough. Killing him will grant you the achievement.
- Molten Invader Menace - When fighting off Molten Alliance reinforcements (crossed mining picks icon), look for any Molten Alliance champions and defeat it.
- Indiscriminate Adversary - Killing three differently named champions should grant you this achievement.
- Friend of Fire and Frost – Stop a full portal invasion in Frostgorge Sound and Fireheart Rise. For full invasions you don’t need to go through all the waves and win, you just have to participate on a map that has an invasion, when the timer (45 minutes) ends you will get credit.
- Scarlet Scambler - Scarlet usually spawns and can be killed at end of the 3 waves of invasions. Scarlet doesn’t have a lot of HP so you will need to get to her ASAP before she is killed.
- Worldwide Invasion Responder - Participate in seven full invasions on 7 different maps. For full invasions you don’t need to go through all the waves and win, you just have to participate on a map that has an invasion, when the timer (45 minutes) ends you will get credit.
- Invasion Canceler - Participate in 13 full invasions on 13 different maps. For full invasions you don’t need to go through all the waves and win, you just have to participate on a map that has an invasion, when the timer (45 minutes) ends you will get credit.
Scarlet Playhouse Achievements
- You cannot complete these achievements until you unlock Scarlet's Playhouse by advancing Emissary Vorpp's achievements. This will take at least 5 hours or more to unlock as you will need to participate in 5 full scale invasions (although you don't have to win or do any of the events, just have to be there)
- Defender of the Crown – Achievement gained when you complete the playhouse
- Raced to the Rescue – Rescue Lord Faren within 3 minutes. You can skip pretty much all of the trash and head straight for Faren to save time.
- Playhouse Perfectionist – Do not die or get downed during a playthrough of Playhouse.
- Soft Lander (this achievement is obtained in Crown Pavilion which you unlock again after completing Scarlet's Playhouse, see this video guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V6dXQtXU0U)Guide by: dulfy